1. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the green chillies and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
4. Add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder,coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the carrots, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot with whole wheat parathas or rotis.